Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The eyes have it.

Today was eye day for all of us except Breanne.  She did not want to try the new eye place here in town and decided instead to go back to Pearle.  Or at least she is supposed to but I will bet the within a few weeks times she will come to me saying "Mommy...would you make me an eye appointment at your eye place" Mark my words! 

So Ron, Mike and then me all met with Dr Laura Toepfer at Sumner family eye care today.  We really liked her and thought she was very thorough, nice and helpful.  New prescriptions all around.  Ron really needed new glasses with distance and reading as he has officially reached the old man can't read crap stage of his life.  Mike's prescription actually improved!  And mine was tweaked ever so slightly.  Becasue I have Diabetes though they HAVE to dilate my eyes to check them and man did that suck.  From about 4-7:30 I was so blind.  Now things are slightly more in focus but still not back to normal.  Both Ron and I are getting regular bi-focal lenses.  My old lenses were progressive bi-focals and I did not like then at all.  I just could not adjust to the 3 different vision fields.  So YAY! Old people glasses....guess that means we are officially in the old people club now! Ugh!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh man, I hate the eye dialation. It's uper annoying too, cause it takes them only a few seconds to look in there, and youre stuck with crappy eyes the rest of the day. Hope the library trip went ok anyways.