Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas

The plan for the day is to head over to Ron's moms at 8:00am when Ron gets home from work. We will exchange gifts and have a nice Breakfast over there. Janie is coming from Olympia and we are all going to meet there at 8:30. Then after Breakfast we will come back home and open our presents here. Well that was the PLAN! When will I learn not to make plans as it never seems to workout quite right.

At 8:00 Kenny called and asked if we could push everything back to 9:00-9:30 as they were up late and weren't ready yet. I told him fine but lets try for 9:00 as the kids really wanted to get going, remember it is Christmas and we are talking about presents here! Ron got home at 8:00 and I told him about the delay. Then at 8:30 Kenny called again to tell us that Janie had just now left Olympia, she was supposed to be her at 8:30, now it was going to be an hour before she arrived. It was not her fault I know, we had alot of ice and snow and its was really bad so she wanted to wait until it was light enough to drive safely. I am just such a stickler for plans and schedules that I find it hard to "roll" with the changes. So rather then getting upset or frustrated I popped open a bottle of Champagne and made myself a Mimosa (or 2)! That will help me get in the holiday spirit! Then I announced that we would open our gifts now and head to Mother and Kenny's when we were done!
So Stockings first.

We really had a nice time just our little family dong the gift thing, usually we get the WHOLE extended family together and it is great but quite a mad house. It was really nice to see each gift opened and to get to share a more intimate time with just our family. Brutus never left this spot the whole morning. Even though the kids covered him with bows. I think he was comfortable!


Among the many thing the kids got. Their Favs I think, Mike got Guitar Hero for the Wii - He was excited. Breanne got a Digital Camera- She was thrilled.

Ron and I decided not to exchange gifts this year we wanted to focus on the kids and family. We did take the kids shopping so they could pick out gifts for each of us. Here is what I got from the family:
Coffee pot
Electric snuggly blanket
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker - now I can make protien Ice Cream!
Hot rollers
Pink Leather cover for my iPod
Pink Headphones
Jammies
Watch
Latest J.D Robb book on CD
Stone Coasters
Coffee Gift Certificate to one of my fav spots

No comments: