Monday, July 20, 2009

Emerald Downs

Every year on the 3rd of July we go to Emerald Downs race track for a fun day of races and the most awesome fireworks around. We have been going for about 9 years now! The weather was perfect and the place was packed. The most people I have ever seen there.

Breanne and Mike Texting friends cause hey isn't that what you do at the races.

Here they come. I didn't get may pics of the horses like I usually do. It was just so hot I did not want to move much!


Mike and Liz finding some shade under the chairbrellas. We found these little wonders at Walmart and they have been a life saver! You can see that this pic was taken right after we arrived and before the huge crowds showed up!

Me and Bre plotting our betting strategy.

I didn't get any pics of the fireworks. I have a new camera and the shut down the track lights before I could figure out the night part. Bre got a bunch though so I will try to get some up here later.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Those chairs are awesome! Did you win anything?

Marsha said...

Started the day with $40 and ended with about $15 we bet $4 per race x9 races so no real winnings but we had fun.