Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My exciting weekend! (Not)

So I had a fairly pleasent uneventful weekend. It rained, which we really needed, but left the air heavy and muggy. Got up eary Saturday morning and cleaned my closet and bedroom. I took the Kirby apart and cleaned it out really good. (Yes I am weird obsessive somtimes when it comes to cleaning). I had a pedicure scheduled for 10:00am so I was then off to have my tootsie's pampered. Man that was great. I really needed some ME time. While my feetsies were papmered I got to read my latest PEOPLE mag and catch up on all of the latest "news"! I actually got to read the entire mag without interuption! It was wonderful! My mom and I then went "SHOPPING"!


We first visited our new Creative Memories consultant to see what was new and what was on sale. Mom got a bunch of stuff because she is really low on supplies. I only got a Disney Pack, well because it is Disney of course and some Chritsmas stickers. I have soo much stuff at home I am trying not to buy more until I use it up.
Then we headed over to Walmart to get a few things and to look around. Lastly we had lunch at Applebee's. It was a nice afternoon with Mom!
I got home around 5:00 and Ron was waiting to go play BINGO. We had invited our Freind Liz to meet up with us at the BINGO place. We got there a little early got our cards and found a good place to sit. Liz arrived just in time to start the first game. So we talked and played and had a good time. Liz won $200! Nothing for me and Ron but for a $5 buy in it is a fairly inexpensive good time. It seemed that only one of the BINGO callers that evening spoke clear english and some of the accents were hard to decifer. It actullay sent Ron and Liz into a giggle fest! We had to look at eachother several time and say"what was that?" After Bingo we went to Stanford's for drinks and snacks. Since Ron and I are not drinking alcohol (sad) we just had soda/water. Liz however got a yummy Lavender Martini. When I can drink again I am going to get one! We spent an hour or so munching and talking and then called it a night. When we got home I watched the So you think you dance finally that I had recorded. Yay! Joshua!!! Ron fell asleep on the couch - as expected and then I dragged him off to bed.
Sunday we did Laundry, cleaned house a little and watched 2 movies. 21 and Doomesday. Both were pretty good. 21 was a really good story and Doomesday was gross and action packed. So that was it in a nutshell. Then comes Monday and back to work!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun wknd too. I scrapbooked saturday night after my park outing, while watching 90210 season one, took 4 whole episodes to finish, and I was covered in glitter by the end. A lavendar martini sounds delicious. I too watched 21 and Doomsday, well, the week before. John hated the barbecue scene in Doomsday...hee, hee.